Saturday, March 5, 2005

Everything hurt. I got uneasy looks of sympathy from the other tenants in the building as I made my way down the hall. I knew I looked like a wreck. I walked into my apartment, closed the curtans and headed into the bathroom to peal off what was left of my outfit. My healing ability kept me alive, but I had plenty of cuts and bruises from the giant boulders that had rained down on me and my teammate. I'm still not sure how things are supposed to work - being a part of the Freedom Phalanx.

I showed up to the Hollows, and before I even got the chance to decide what I was going to do, my comm started to light up with all kinds of chatter from the other members. I had just let the others know I was available, when one of the members called on me for some assistance with an arrest in the Hollows. I have no idea how long I had been standing there, replaying the days events, but the sensation of cool tile on the side of my face told me it was past time to get out of the shower. I pulled out the next outfit in the closet, grabbed my notebook off the desk and stretched out on the couch. I wrote in some notes for some contacts I had been introduced to.

I started a new section today, the Freedom Phalanx. I couldn't help but smile as I scanned the names I had written down so far. Kinetica, the nice person in the combat suit with the feminine voice, was my first contact with the Freedom Phalanx. I wrote in Hawk Lad's name and a few others I had heard over the comm. I learned a lot from Hawk Lad today. Mostly, I got to watch someone who was really dedicated to the spirit of heroism. It still bothers me that I never learned the name of the hero that had saved me.

No comments: